Our client is seeking a Workshop Controller who understands the demands of a large garage and the ability to meet the high standards that this position brings. You will possess the skills to be organised and the ability to engage and motivate people, whilst maximizing time available to sell on a day to day basis.
The dealership will provide a competitive basic salary with a great OTE opportunity and additional training with the goal to progress you within the business.
Managing a team of 8 technicians you will be responsible for their time management, job cards, workloads and providing a positive working atmosphere.
Other duties will include nurturing the new apprentices and supervising new staff within the business. Reporting to the dealer principal on a weekly basis, striving to improve performance and cost-saving exercises.
- Must have evidential proof that you are able to run a productive workshop
- Experience managing a team of Vehicle Technicians / Mechanics
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership and identify problems within the workshop and understand how to fix them
- Must have a CAN-DO attitude with the ability to prioritise/organise work to ensure the workshop runs smoothly
- Strong communication is essential for this role as you are the central person who will liaise with service, parts and technicians
- Must be driven and task orientated