We are looking to recruit a talented, efficient, and experienced HGV Fitter / Mechanic for one of our most desirable clients.
Responsible for all maintenance and repairs of commercial vehicles.
vehicles to DVSA standard.
- Carry out Pre-MOT expectations and repair defects.
- Undertake standard vehicle/equipment inspections, services, maintenance, and repairs.
- Accurately diagnose faults and report findings to the Operations Director.
- Rectify Electrical and mechanical faults.
- Work independently attending/managing routine servicing, site breakdowns and ensuring all
repairs are controlled and rectified efficiently.
- Liaise with the parts department to ensure the correct parts are ordered.
- Accurate completion of inspection and timesheets.
- Ensure that standards are maintained relative to maintenance/cleanliness of vehicles.
- Ensuring workload is prioritised and deadlines met.
- Comply with health and safety policy and guidance notes, adopting safe methods of working.
You may be required to perform additional tasks as required by the changing roles in the organisation.
- Level 3 qualified in heavy vehicle repair, or extensive experience in the commercial vehicle
- Full driving licence.
- Experience within the refuse vehicle sector.
- Knowledge of health and safety in the transportation industry including LOLER.
- A full diving licence, HGV class 1 or 2.
- Any electrical, MOT, hydraulic, or welding qualifications would be an advantage.